- Today2017August 2012
Operations Director - ChinaHEF GroupHEF is a French SME which develops and markets innovative solutions in the field of tribology and surface engineering. I am responsible for the operations of six nitriding units in China.
- TodayJuly 2012October 2011
COO / CFONFlick Pte LtdCo-founded nFlick – a unique information technology services company, which targets personalized information services on web portal and mobile application through an advanced recommender engine.
- TodaySeptember 2011July 2010
Regional Manager, Strategic Projects, ChinaFederal-Mogul CorporationResponsibilities include the development of the project plan to consolidate two operations into a single Powertrain aluminum bearings manufacturing site in the Shanghai area. The project budget is about $ 35 millions.
• Negotiated land purchase and relocation compensation with local government and industrial zone.
• Developed a new 10,000 sq meters facility design and lean process layout.
• Developed manufacturing plans to enable successful relocation of both JV’s to the consolidated site
- TodayJune 2010August 2009
General ManagerDextra Building Products (Guangdong) Co., Ltd.Managed plant operations, led 130 employees for an annual turnover of $ 15 millions.
• Structured the plant’s organization, revamping the Manufacturing, Supply Chain and HR departments.
• Implemented operational performance metrics – focus on continuous improvement.
• Reduced workers turnover by 12% through financial and non-financial incentives.
• Increased profit margin by 7% through reduced raw material costs and process re-engineering.
• Led the on going plant relocation project: plant design, process equipment layout and contractors planning follow-up.
University of Southern California (USC), Marshall School of BusinessExecutive MBA
- TodayJuly 2009April 2007
Manufacturing & Project ManagerFedral-Mogul CorporationManufacturing Manager – Aluminum Bearing’s Material Plant, Shanghai, China 2008 - July 2009
Responsibilities include the management of a team of 70 workers in 3 workshops to produce 400 tons materials monthly output and annual sales of $ 10 millions.
• Consistently met production targets uplifting customer satisfaction.
• Increased productivity by 20% through new process work flow.
• Reduced inventory by 35% through optimized scheduling for labors and shifts.
• Executed a successful 25% headcount reduction plan without disrupting production.
Project Manager – Federal-Mogul Head Office, Shanghai, China 2007
Responsibilities include the coordination of the work of 3 project teams involving 15 people for the purchase and takeover of an existing bearing’s material plant, the construction of a new plant and the transfer of existing businesses to the new plant.
• Responsible for overall project planning, activities follow up, and reporting to higher management.
• Involved with the set up of a new joint venture.
• Coordinated technical activities for new manufacturing processes and equipment implementation.
• Negotiated with local companies for the design, the construction, and the supervision of the new facility.
- TodayMarch 2007October 2000
Quality Manager, Project Buyer, E-procurement Project Manager+5000 employeesQuality Manager, Paris, France 2006-2007
Responsibilities included: the quality of outsourced engine parts, specifically: cooling systems, EGR, and intake systems.
• Improved supplier selection by assessing supplier quality during the bidding phase.
• Led APQP activities during product and process development.
• Assessed supplier product quality in the field.
• Led supplier process audits throughout Europe.
Project Buyer, Wuhan, China 2004-2006
Responsibilities included supplier development with an emphasis on quality, cost, and lead-time reduction. Focussed on products required by DPCA, a joint venture between PSA Peugeot Citroen and Dong Feng Motors.
• Boosted the local integration of engine and gearbox parts consistent with stringent quality management standards.
• Improved product quality in auditing and inspecting Chinese suppliers.
• Reduced procurement cost on numerous mechanical parts by 6%.
• Reduced delivery lead time according to the assembly plant requirements.
E-procurement Project Manager, Paris, France 2000-2004
Responsibilities included the implementation of internal procurement electronic catalogues concurrent with the implementation of a full-blown ERP SAP system.
• Defined the targeted procurement processes and validated the project Blueprint.
• Designed the interface solutions between SAP R/3 and legacy systems providing business expertise.
• Trained more than 200 users of the new system.
- TodayFebruary 2000September 1998
Business Devlopment EngineerAREVA (Framatome ANP), BeijingWorld leader in the design and construction of nuclear power plants, and the supply of fuel, maintenance and modernization services.
Business Development Engineer - Framatome Beijing Representative Office, China
• Searched the Chinese market for tenders for the mechanical subsidiaries of Framatome.
• Assisted Framatome representatives during negotiation.
• Organized seminars to present the French tender (with EDF and Alstom) for the future Chinese nuclear power plants.
- Beihang University (BUAA), Beijing
Beihang University (BUAA)Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (BUAA), Beijing, China
Granted by both the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chinese government to work on the project of the high speed train between Beijing and Shanghai.
- Msc Mechanical Engineering
Please sign up to view Francois Lucas's full profile.SIGN UP
Professional with thirteen years of progressive experience including eight years in China, with a major focus in the Automotive Industry. Strong exposure to joint venture manufacturing operations and dealings with Chinese governmental bureaus. Facilities background and Greenfield site development. Experience includes: General Management, Industrial Projects Management and Plant Operations. Graduated with a Masters of Mechanical Engineering and an Executive Masters of Business Administration. Bilingual: English / French. Fluent in Chinese (mandarin).